The Room Representative position is a great way to get involved directly with your child’s classroom! It is a lot of fun and is a great way to support our teachers. As a room representative, you will serve as a contact person between your classroom’s teacher, parents and other PTO representatives.
The room representative position is divided into 3 categories: Social room representative, Curriculum room representative and Rewards representative.
Social Room Rep
- Facilitate communicate information between classroom activities and parents
- Plan parties for the classroom (Fall and Spring parties and other events requested by the teacher)
- Recruit volunteers for the Fall Carnival
- Collect and budget money for social activities
Curriculum Room Rep
- Organize special curriculum needs in the classroom (Readers, Scholastic Book orders, Science in Motion lab)
- Organize activities for Teacher Appreciation days
- Coordinating copying needs with teacher
- Coordinate the classroom “theme basket” donations for the Fall Carnival
Rewards Room Rep
- Work with the Education Rewards Committee initiatives
- Help educate teachers and students on the benefits of AES Education Rewards programs (Box Tops, Campbell’s Label’s and Publix keycards)
- Provide a sturdy, decorated container for collecting Box Tops, Campbell’s, and Tyson Project A+ labels
- Coordinate school Rewards contests for the classroom. Trim, count, bag various labels.
If you have questions, please contact Sunny Kane.